Published On: Mon, Jul 27th, 2020

Donald Trump coronavirus panic: White House chaos as major adviser tests positive | World | News


Mr O’Brien is displaying “mild symptoms” and is self-isolating away from the White House. There is no risk of exposure to President Trump or Vice President Mike Pence, the White House said. The statement read: “He has mild symptoms and has been self-isolating and working from a secure location off site.

“There is no risk of exposure to the President or the Vice President.

“The work of the National Security Council continues uninterrupted.”

To date, Mr O’Brien is the most senior official in the Trump administration to be found positive amid the pandemic.

His diagnosis comes after a US military member who works at the White House as a valet tested positive for coronavirus in May as did Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary.

It remains unclear when Mr O’Brien last met with the Republican President. 

The last time the pair were seen together in public was more than two weeks ago. 

The national security adviser appeared alongside the President during a visit to US Southern Command in Miami on July 10. 

A senior source in the administration told CNN that Mr O’Brien was last in his White House office last Thursday. 

They added that he has been working from home ever since. 

Mr O’Brien recently returned from a business trip to Europe. 

He and his top deputy met with officials from the UK, France, Germany and Italy. 

Last week an employee in the White House cafeteria tested positive for coronavirus.

Mr O’Brien is the fourth national security adviser to serve the President since he entered the Oval Office in January 2017. 

The 54-year-old is a former lawyer and hostage negotiator. 

This is a breaking news story. More to follow…



Source link

Most Popular News