Published On: Tue, May 26th, 2020

Donald Trump: President warns of RNC move amid COVID-19 | World | News


Currently the convention is set to be held in North Carolina on August 24. Concerns have been raised that large formal nominating conventions that are typically packed with delegates could raise safety issues. President Trump said on Twitter that Democratic Governor Roy Cooper needs to answer whether the convention can be held at the original location.

Trump said: “I love the Great State of North Carolina, so much so that I insisted on having the Republican National Convention in Charlotte at the end of August.

“Unfortunately, Democrat Governor Roy Cooper is still in Shutdown mood & unable to guarantee that by August we will be allowed made by many thousands of enthusiastic Republicans, and others, to head to beautiful North Carolina in August.

“They must be immediately given an answer by the Governor as to whether or not the space will be allowed to be fully occupied.”

READ MORE: World War 3: Donald Trump shocks by planning nuclear weapons test

He continued by explaining the loss of jobs the move would cause for North Carolina.

Trump said: “If not, we will be reluctantly forced to find, with all of the jobs and economic development it brings, another Republican National Convention site.

“This is not something I want to do.

“Thank you, and I love the people of North Carolina!”

The conventions include prime-time TV speeches that serve to kick off the final sprint toward the November 3 presidential election.

Vice President Mike Pence told Fox News it was “absolutely essential” that Cooper give a “swift response” or the convention could be moved to a state “farther along on reopening.”

The Democratic National Convention, which was postponed by a month because of the coronavirus, is set to begin Aug. 17 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Aspokeswoman for the DNC event also said earlier this month the convention would follow health officials’ “guidance to determine how many people can safely gather in Milwaukee this August.”

President Trump and Joe Biden have begun ramping up their campaigns as the election draws near.

In the latest of a string of attacks on the former Vice President, Donald Trump tweeted: “Nobody in 50 years has been weaker on China than Sleepy Joe Biden.

“He was asleep at the wheel.

“He gave them everything they wanted, including rip-off Trade Deals.

“I am getting it all back!”



Source link

Most Popular News